*__*h1. Welcome to your wiki!
This is your wiki Main Page. It serves as a starting point for your wiki. From here you can begin organizing your campaign!
To get you started, here are some examples of what you can do with the wiki. To see how these work, click on the ‘Edit’ button at the bottom and just start playing around. Don’t worry, you won’t break anything.
Creating a new page
To create a new page, just make a name and surround it with double square brackets like so: A New Page. When you save the page, the link will show up and you can click on it to create the new page.
Linking to existing pages
To link to existing pages, use the same double square brackets. For example, here’s a link to this page: Main Page
Linking to a page with different text
If you don’t want to use the page’s name as the link text, you can specify your own text by placing a vertical bar | and the link text in the link like so: Linking with different text
Linking to characters
For PCs and NPCs in your campaign, the easiest thing is to use the PC/NPC Link Lookup in the sidebar to the right. It’s quite handy! Otherwise, the links behave much like a wiki link, just with a colon at the start.
HTML and Textile
To style things how you want, you can use either HTML (with some restrictions) or a simple formatting language called Textile. It’s up to you, but Textile is pretty easy, while simultaneously allowing for lots of customization.
Here is where I’m adding NEW STUFFS to try and see what it will be like. Let’s see, we have a
score-through and just a touch, just a tiny bit of html stuff.
I just used the paragraph, let’s see if it works out okay.
- Here is a bulleted list of things that I hope this will help me do
- Keep all my variants in one easy to find place so that people can make characters easier
- Allow for easier discussion of the games in whatever way we can so that more discussion can be done between sessions about strategy and rules variants
- Make the time spent arguing about rules variants more productive and seperate it more from the actual game.
- Allow those that want to look over the adventure logs to do so, this will hopefully it will be easier for everyone to remember what they were doing last session and help strengthen interest in the stories.
Here are the games I am hoping to run
- The Kingdoms of Kalamar D&D 3.5 with Pathfinder Core added as variant rules. I figure we should finish an adventure in this because that way I don’t have to explain the gaming system and the gaming software at the same time.
- The World of Darkness Mage game using Old World of Darkness stories and New World of Darkness rules should be quite simple to run online, and easily lends itself to automation. I think this will be the next one we try.
- The Fallout Game will continue to be run in person, but I’m going to post all of the rules variants and all up here so that people can be faster about character creation.
- The Pulp Sci-Fi game will also be done in person, but will have all variants and necessary information for character creation posted up here.